With the UM Commission on Religion & Race recently deciding to try to reach net-zero emissions by the year 2050, I have created this chart loaded with real actions we all can take in support of this goal. Please share this poster with anyone who wants to work toward a healthy and just world!
I would also like to recommend people look into becoming a UM EarthKeeper and read these creation justice books:
- “All We Can Save: Truth, Courage, and Solutions for the Climate Crisis” by Ayena Elizabeth Johnson and Katharine Keeble Wilkerson
- “Climate Justice: A Call to Hope and Action” by Pat Watkins
- “Inconspicuous Consumption: The Environmental Impact You Don’t Know You Have” by Tatiana Schlossberg
- “Regeneration: Ending the Climate Crisis in One Generation” by Paul Hawken“Saving Us: A Climate Scientist’s Case for Hope and Healing in a Divided World” by Katharine Hayhoe
- “The Better World Shopping Guide” (latest edition)
- “This Is Climate Change: A Visual Guide to the Facts…See For Yourself How the Planet is Warming and What it Means For Us” by David Nelles and Christian Serrer
I would like to invite all interested in joining our new GNW / PNW Creation Justice Movement Team on the first Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. PT via Zoom. People should be directed to contact me if they are interested.
UM Commissioned EarthKeeper
UM Creation Justice Movement Leadership Team
PNW United Women in Faith Social Action Coordinator