Who Should Receive the United Women in Faith PNW Conference Racial Justice Award for 2023?
Each year the United Women in Faith PNW Conference honors someone with the Racial Justice Award.
Who will you nominate from your district? Attached are the instructions.
UMW RACIAL JUSTICE AWARD NOMINATION
The Committee on the Charter for Racial Justice of the United Women in Faith PNW Conference is seeking nominees for the annual Racial Justice Award to be presented at the United Women in Faith PNW Conference Annual Meeting in October.
Criteria are as follows:
- Exemplifies the implementation (We Will section) of the Charter for Racial Justice https://uwfaith.org/what-we-do/serve-and-advocate/racial-justice/
- May be an individual United Women in Faith member, a local unit, a district, or may be an individual or group from outside United Women in Faith.
- The activity may be a one-time event or ongoing, but must have taken place within the last year.
Format for nomination:
- Name, address, phone number, and/or e-mail of Nominee(s).
- Name of Activity or Event.
- One or two paragraphs summarizing the individual or group activity and how it relates to the Charter for Racial Justice.
- Your name, address, phone number, and/or e-mail address.
- Deadline to be returned to Deb Avery or Sara Krum by September 1, 2023
- The nomination may either be mailed or e-mailed.
Selection of award recipient
- Selection will be made by Racial Justice Committee at their September meeting.
- This is a great opportunity to recognize persons who fulfill our Purpose and our Mission Today Charter for Racial Justice component in a significant way.
- Questions may be directed to Sara Krum.