Moran United Methodist Church in Spokane, Washington is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to offer hospitality, coordinate the work of the church office, and support the pastor, staff and ministry teams administratively. Continue reading for a description of the desired qualifications, the duties of the position and information on how to apply.
Kent United Methodist Church (www.kentmethodist.com) is seeking a Director of Youth Discipleship to join our staff team. The ideal candidate will be excited about building authentic relationships with youth and their families that model and foster a life of discipleship in accordance with our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Director of Youth Discipleship is directly responsible for:
- Overseeing the youth ministry of Kent UMC and directing the implementation of its mission and vision in order to create Space for Grace for all who participate.
- Developing relationships with all KUMC youth and their families to nurture their relationship with Christ.
- Recruiting, disciplining, deploying volunteers to build a web of relationships for each youth with multiple Christian adults in the church.
- Connecting all youth to at least one other ministry of the church.
- Managing youth ministry funds.
- Infusing a joyful and welcoming atmosphere into all youth ministry programs.
The Director of Youth Discipleship will achieve these initiatives by:
- Praying for all KUMC youth and the youth ministry program regularly and facilitating a joyful and welcoming presence within youth ministry in order to create Space for Grace for everyone.
- Prioritizing a ministry of relational presence by attending community and school events involving KUMC youth whenever possible, providing appropriate follow-up to first-time visitors and absentee students, and by being visibly available within other facets of ministry within the church and community.
- Providing leadership for all programmatic pieces of the ministry including, but not limited to, Sunday School, youth group, fundraisers, seasonal events, retreats, confirmation, and mission trips.
- Protecting the strategic progress of youth discipleship by maintaining and providing oversight to a leadership team that assists with youth ministry through routine evaluation of the health of the ministry; volunteer recruitment, training, and placement; calendaring of major events; aiding in the selection of curriculum and teaching templates; and setting short and long-term goals (updated annually) based on the ministry’s mission and values.
- Providing training, resources, spiritual support and encouragement to the volunteers and paid staff working within youth ministry.
- Ensuring that news, key information and priorities of the student ministry are communicated clearly to youth, parents and leaders through all electronic, social and print media.
- Working with the pastor and other church staff in developing and leading programs to incorporate youth in all phases of the life and worship of the church.
- With the assistance of a leadership team, developing an annual student ministry budget that includes anticipated revenue and expenses for each event.
Education—4 year college degree, preferably in related field
Experience—prefer 3 years of successful Youth Ministry work
Compensation—commensurate with experience
Job Type—up to 32 hours per week
Application—send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by mail:
Kent United Methodist Church
Attention: Susan Kipper
11010 SE 248thSt
Kent WA 98030
Deadline—August 31, 2018
The position’s duties include:
- Playing service music and hymns at one Sunday morning service per week with a second services added once a month
- Accompanying the choir at the above-mentioned services and at Wednesday evening rehearsals
- Additional services will be added at Christmas and Easter
Visit our website at fairwoodumc.org for more information about the church.
Contact Mr. Rae Colborne – Choir Director by (253)277-3948 or email.
Trinity United Methodist Church (in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood) seeks a skilled piano accompanist for the church choir. The choir season runs from Labor Day to early June, with two performances each month during that time, plus rehearsals. There may be occasional opportunities to fill in for the worship accompanist, and to perform in special events, for additional compensation.This position is part-time, averaging 16 hours per month during the choir season.<
Sight reading, performing a variety of musical styles, following direction, maintaining tempo, adapting to the director’s changes, assisting with sectionals, and having a good time! Good communication skills, dependability and a can-do attitude are important.
For more information, please see the full Choir Accompanist Job Description here.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Todd Shively to the TUM office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity United Methodist Church
6512 23 rd Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98117
Mason United Methodist Church
Position open – September 1, 2018
Position is Part-Time
Approx. 12 hrs. per week
Annual Salary range: $10,000 – 12,000
The successful candidate for Organist/Accompanist at Mason UMC understands that this is a United Methodist faith community. The organist/accompanist will be an active member of the Worship Team, composed of the pastor, lay staff and volunteers who study, plan, and lead various styles of Christian worship services. The organist/accompanist will be a person who delights in our Aeolian-Skinner organ. However, the purpose of this position is the support of liturgical, choral, and congregational participation. Solo opportunities, i.e. prelude, offertory, postlude, are expected to support and enhance the beauty of the worship experience and be appropriately time-limited. Our organist/accompanist will participate actively in both the work and the fellowship of the choir and congregation, sharing in social events and prayerful concerns for one another.
- Select music appropriate to the theme of each Sunday worship service and other seasonal services. Consultation with Music Director is expected.
- Accompany choir, soloists, ensembles, instrumentalists as needed. Choir rehearses one evening weekly, September – June and other times as needed. Arrange rehearsal with music leaders for summer services.
- Accompany a choir warm-up Sunday mornings.
- Encourage and assist singers and instrumentalists to share their gifts in worship.
- Make arrangements for substitutes when needed, through the Music Director and/or Music Team.
- Consider opportunities to play for weddings, funerals, and special services.
- Watch for and report maintenance needs of pianos and organ.
- Beyond these expectations there may be opportunities to offer recitals and concerts at times other than Sunday morning.
- Reports to Music Director.
Education Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education or Piano or Organ Performance preferred.
- Minimum one year experience accompanying groups and/or individuals, including working with/following the direction of a choral conductor.
- Strong sight-reading skills, including playing open-score.
Mason United Methodist Church
Director of Music Ministry
Position open – September 1, 2018
Approx. 15 hrs. per week
Apply to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Salary range: $11,000-13,000
Subject – Music Director applicant
The successful candidate for Music Director at Mason UMC understands that this is a United Methodist faith community. The director will be an active member of the Worship Team, composed of the Pastor, lay staff and volunteers who study, plan, and lead various styles of Christian worship services. The music director views worship as a corporate activity connecting us with God. Worship is like a dance, prayerful and serious, becomes light-hearted and joyful, and back again. Our director will be a “People Person,” who engages in fellowship and mutual care with choir members and congregants. S/he demonstrates skills in vocal technique, teaching and directing choral music and is competent at the piano. S/he will encourage volunteers of all levels of experience who desire to contribute to the music ministry.
- Coordinate with the Pastor, Accompanist, and Worship Team in the selection of anthems and choral responses for each Sunday worship service and other seasonal events.
- Supervise/Coordinate instrumental music with the Organist/Accompanist and Worship Team.
- Meet monthly with the Pastor and Worship Team.
- Recruit and encourage choir members and instrumentalists to offer their musical gifts.
- Plan and lead weekly rehearsals one evening a week, September – June and arrange for worship music each Sunday during July – August.
- Additional rehearsals, section workshops, work with individuals and ensembles as needed. Choir must be FUN!
- Plan and lead Sunday morning warm-up with choir. Demonstrate a positive, upbeat, yet respectful attitude toward the sacred hour of worship.
- Seek feedback from choir members and congregants regularly, discuss and make adjustments so everyone receives the help they need in order for the choir to become an enjoyable, caring fellowship.
- Maintain the Music Library. Present a plan to the Worship Team for purchases of new music and equipment.
- With the help of the Worship Team prepare and submit a music budget annually.
- Report needed tuning and repairs of pianos and organ to the Worship Team. Arrange for needed services as approved.
- Additional meetings and activities as needed.
- Reports to the Pastor.
Education Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education preferred. Must demonstrate teaching and conducting skills and cooperative work with accompanist. Minimum one year experience leading a choral group.
Lake Washington UMC (Kirkland, WA): F/T Director of Children, Youth & Young Adults & Family Ministry
The Director of Children, Youth & Young Adults and Family Ministry is responsible for the development of young people at Lake Washington United Methodist Church in Kirkland, Washington. These groups are defined as follows:
Children (Infants – 5th Grade),
Youth (6th – 12th Grade)
Young Adults (Age 18 through Age24)
This position is responsible for the recruitment and training of parents and adult leaders to assist in the support of this program. This is a 40-hour per week position that includes regular evening and weekend responsibilities.
Major areas of responsibility include:
Development of programs for each defined group of youth
- Children (Infants – 5th Grade)
- Youth (6th – 12th Grade)
- Young Adults (Age 18 through Age24)
Programs are to be created and developed for
- Sunday School/Sunday Youth Gathering
- Sunday Morning main service
- Monthly events
- Confirmation Classes
- Wednesday Dinner/Check-in Night
- Leadership Training Programs
- Parental/Leader Inclusion and Responsibilities
- The development and implementation of outreach to promote growth of the program
Skills and Qualifications include:
- Demonstrated vibrant, progressive Christian faith; knowledge of the Bible and a strong public discipleship
- Self-directed and highly independent; and is also able to function as a team player and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to inspire, direct and motivate children, youth, young adults and their families
- Experience working with diverse cultures and suburban neighborhoods
- Excellent organizational planning, goal-setting, and time management skills
- Creative ability to envision, plan and follow-through on the Church’s mission in relation to children and youth
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
The position has a salary range of $35,000 to $45,000 per year dependent upon experience, and includes paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Check us out at: www.lakewaumc.org
Click this link, or download the pdf, or review the text below:
VALLEY & MOUNTAIN DIRECTOR OF FAMILY & CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS JOB DESCRIPTION
Valley & Mountain seeks candidates who are passionate about supporting kids and their caregivers in cultivating ethical imagination, spiritual maturity, and courageous action.
PRIMARY ROLE: Leading all aspects of Valley & Mountain’s mission related to the spiritual flourishing of children and support of caregivers. Read about us at: www.valleyandmountain.org
Bothell United Methodist Church seeks applicants interested in shaping the lives of young people as they connect with God and with each other to be Christ in the Community. The Coordinator of Youth Ministries will oversee spiritual formation and discipleship, fellowship and engagement with the community. This position will join a vibrant team of staff, a Youth Leadership Team comprised of youth, and a team of adult leaders to provide a space for youth to journey in their faith.
- Communicate by word and example the need for a personal relationship with Christ
- Coordinate a well-rounded Youth Program that includes gathering on Sunday Mornings, Sunday Evenings and other times throughout the year, such as retreats, mission trips and others
- Develop programming that is grounded in Scripture, prayer, sharing and life application
- Mentor the Youth Leadership Team
- Build relationships with youth and their families
- Support church-wide ministries and encourage participation of youth in those areas
- Invite youth and facilitate their integration into the youth program and beyond
- Be available to youth in our community, beyond those who are in our program, in times of need
If interested, email cover letter and resume/description of experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions can also be mailed to SPR Chair, Coordinator of Youth Ministries search, Bothell United Methodist Church, 18515 92nd Ave, NE, Bothell, WA 98011-2299.
Fairwood Community United Methodist Church in Renton, Washington has recently replaced its old analog sound system equipment with digital equipment. As a result they have the following equipment available to be reused if any church can use it.
- Mixer: Peavy XR-1600F 20 channels
- Power Amplifier: TOA-500 series Amplifier 500A
- Wireless microphones: Nady systems – Two each
- Gaertner hard of hearing system with 9 receivers and charger.
- Large speakers: 16X30X10 inches deep – Two each
If interested in any of these items, please contact Jerry Flagel at Jerry.email@example.com; (425) 271-2016.