Sand Point Community United Methodist Church in northeast Seattle is hiring a Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries.
This salaried position requires 35 hours per week with fewer summer hours from mid-June until September. The hours are to be coordinated with the pastor; Sundays and Christmas Eve are required. (Hours may be reduced while our building remains closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our staff is working from home during the pandemic until our building re-opens.)
The Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries:
- connects children, youth, young adults and families to each other and integrates them into the wider life of the church;
- develops outreach strategies to invite new families and to connect the congregation to the wider community;
- Works with the Pastor and staff to develop a ministry program which complements the faith formation for children, youth and their families;
- Leads spiritual and faith forming education for Children and Youth each Sunday (including Children’s Time during worship);
- Recruits and supports volunteers.
- Christian faith that includes an understanding of the Bible beyond a literal interpretation;
- Shares our progressive-leaning theology and is hospitable to diverse viewpoints;
- Strong organizational skills, positive interpersonal skills, and effective communication skills;
- Ability to recruit and encourage volunteers;
- Academic coursework or direct experience in Christian Education/Spiritual Formation;
- Experience in early childhood development and/or in education desirable.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a more detailed job description and/or send your cover letter and resume.
Candidates will be interviewed via video chat.
SAND POINT COMMUNITY UMC MISSION STATEMENT: We are an inclusive, caring community – committed to Christ’s work, seeking spiritual growth, and lovingly responding to the needs of God’s world. We welcome all persons, including members of the LGBTQ + community.