Seattle: Wallingford UMC – P/T Office Manager
Located in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle, Wallingford United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Office Manager to provide administrative support to the church and staff.
Hours and Compensation: Part-time, 20 hours/week ($26 per hour). Vacation and sick leave. Some flexibility regarding the specific work schedule can be negotiated during the hiring process.
Wallingford United Methodist Church (WUMC) is a small, progressive, open and affirming, and intergenerational church located in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle. As an inclusive community, we exclude no one based on their gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, race, socioeconomic background, ability, or religion. To learn more about our church and community, visit wallingfordumc.org.
Reports to: Wallingford UMC Pastor
- Provide administrative support for Pastor, church staff, and ministry teams.
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Create and publish a weekly church bulletin and calendar insert
- Create and publish a weekly digital church newsletter (via Mailchimp)
- Basic reception duties: sort mail, answer phones, check email and voicemail daily, and serve as welcoming initial contact for volunteers and community.
- Coordinate facility use for events and meetings on a digital church calendar
- Maintain website, email accounts, and social media
- Manage church office work area, equipment, and office supplies.
- Oversee vendor contracts for services (water cooler, copy machine, phone, etc.)
- Update digital church member database and directory
- Assist with annual audits and reporting
- Prepare and coordinate occasional mailings
- Other administrative-related tasks as needed (under direction of the supervisor)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizing skills; ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Mailchimp, and Squarespace
- Basic office equipment familiarity, or willingness to learn
- Creativity (especially in digital publishing)
- Ability to work well under deadlines; ability to work well with a diverse range of people; good personal time management.
- Background experience with churches or other volunteer-driven non-profits is desirable. Job experience and demonstrated success with the above skills is more important than education level.
To apply for the position, please send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.