As you may have already heard, PNW is undergoing a Ministry Fund Drive to transform United Methodism in the Pacific Northwest to a brighter beacon of Christ’s love and a more impactful example of His service. We have an innovative and comprehensive three-part plan to bring our dream of revitalization to life: the Bishop Jack and Marjorie Tuell Center for Leadership Excellence will employ tailored services to existing churches and their leaders; the New Faith Communities initiative will provide resources to neighborhoods in need of new faith communities; and our contributions to the Imagine No Malaria Campaign will keep us connected to the global church while we work together as one family to eradicate this needless disease.
2014 will be a critical year for the Ministry Fund Drive and we need your support to make the services funded by the Drive available conference-wide. Please take a few moments this Advent season to prepare yourself and your church community for the transformation ahead.
Your preparation is appreciated in one or more of the following ways:
- Get informed. Learn more by visiting the Ministry Fund Drive website at www.pnwumc.org/mfd.
- Share this message. Below is a blurb about the Ministry Fund Drive to place in your bulletin this Advent season.
- Get involved. Engage your church community in a conversation about the future of our church. through the Vision Discussion Series. The Vision Discussion Series is a multi-faceted tool designed to guide you through the next steps in your church’s revitalization process and to gather feedback from congregations throughout the conference to collaboratively map our path forward. Learn more and download the Vision Discussion Series here.
- Spread the word. Share the Ministry Fund Drive Video or the Ministry Fund Drive Overview with your faith community. If you would like to distribute Drive resources to your church community, please contact MinistryFundDrive@pnwumc.org.
- Donate to the Ministry Fund Drive. Every donation, regardless of size, helps get us closer to realizing a new church. Click here to make your gift online or download a pledge form.
- Pray for the success of the We See a New Church Ministry Fund Drive. Ask that God will lead our vision, our leaders and our volunteers.
Thank you for your dedication to our church’s future.
Ministry Fund Drive team
*** Optional announcement to include in your church’s weekly bulletin (copy and paste text below) ***
Advent is a season for preparation, hope and anticipation. As we prepare ourselves for the birth of Christ and the New Year ahead, let us also prepare for a new church. 2014 will be a critical year for the We See a New Church Ministry Fund Drive – the drive to transform and renew United Methodism in the Pacific Northwest. Learn more about the plan for revitalization at www.pnwumc.org/mfd.