PNW UMW collects 266 quilts to help keep children warm
By Jenny Yeoh | Photo by Jesse N. Love
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thanks to all the churches and United Methodist Women who brought quilts to this year’s Annual Conference Sessions. 266 quilts were received with 75 from Goldendale UMC! Whoohoo to Goldendale UMC! Because of your generosity, many children will be covered with warm and love.
About seven cars and 28 folks delivered quilts to:
- Safe Harbor (Kennewick)
- Project Warm Up (Kennewick)
- My Friend’s Place (Kennewick)
- Kadlec Hospital Pediatric Unit (Richland)
- Teen Challenge (Pasco).
More quilts were picked up by:
- God’s New Generation
- El Dios Viviente UMC
- Atlantic Street Center
- Tacoma Community House
- Mary’s Place
- Lapwai UMC
- Nez Perce UMC
- White Swan UMC
- Auburn Hispanic UMC
- Snohomish Women Shelter
- Salvation Army
- The City of Tacoma
- Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital
- Fircrest UMC Clothing Bank
- Vancouver: First UMC.
The rest will be distributed through The United Methodist Women District Presidents.
Special thanks to:
- The Rev. David Valera and his staff for providing the tags for the quilts.
- Janet Snodgrass (Seattle UMW District President) for organizing and delivery.
- The Quilt Team: Jan Brewer (Vancouver UMW District President), Sharon Stovall (Inland UMW District president), Kay Shaben (Tacoma UMW District President), Tressa Cummings (Seven Rivers UMW District President), and Sharon McDaniel (Puget Sound UMW District President).
- Drivers: Sharon Stovall, Linda Key, Lethe McGavran, Melvin Woodworth, Marsha Aufenkemp, Tressa Cummings and a wonderful mystery driver.
I thank God for all of you!