ANNOUNCING: REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Grants are being offered by the PNW Conference’s Church and Society Action Team Peace with Justice program in support of programs and projects with a mission of building PEACE WITH JUSTICE.
Proposals are welcome from local United Methodist churches, ecumenical bodies, or private non-profit organizations. Innovative, creative projects promoting community, national, or world peace or addressing civil liberties or social justice issues will be given priority.
To qualify for a Peace with Justice grant, applicants must work toward achieving at least one of the following objectives:
- Assist United Methodists in understanding and responding to violence and militarism;
- Involve United Methodists in efforts to end conflicts and violent aggression around the world;
- Promote just national and international policies and actions, governmental and non-governmental, seeking to restore communities and respond to the disproportionate effect of injustices on racial and ethnic persons; and
- Support policies that promote systematic economic justice and the self-development of peoples.
Funding is limited so requests should be for $1,000 or less.
Applications should include numbered responses on one page answering the following:
- Name of organization
- Religious institution ___ Private non-profit ___
- Summary of organization’s purpose, history and current programs
- Summary of need for project
- Have you received a Peace with Justice Grant(s) previously?___Date(s)____
- Project title
- Description of project.
- Amount requested and funding period to be covered.
- Contact person, title, e-mail, mailing address, phone.
Applications are due May 11, 2015 by e-mail in Word format to Ann Eachus, PNW Conference Church and Society Action Team Chair, at email@example.com. All organizations making applications will be notified before Peace with Justice Sunday, May 31, 2015.