Peace with Justice Grants
By Ann Eachus
“Peace with Justice” grants are being offered by The United Methodist Church and The PNW Conference’s Church and Society Action Team. The Peace with Justice program supports programs and projects with a mission of building shalom.
Proposals are welcome from local United Methodist churches, ecumenical bodies, or private non-profit organizations. Innovative, creative projects promoting community, national, world peace, or addressing civil liberties or social justice issues will be given priority.
Funding is limited – so requests should be for $1,000 or less.
How to Apply
Applications should include numbered responses on one page answering the following:
1. Name of organization
2. Religious institution (Private or Non-Profit?)
3. Summary of organization’s purpose, history and current programs
4. Summary of need for project
5. Have you received a Peace with Justice Grant(s) previously? When (Date)?
6. Project title
7. Description of project
8. Amount requested and funding period to be covered
9. Contact person, title, e-mail, mailing address, and phone