Peace with Justice grants are being offered by the United Methodist Church Pacific Northwest Conference Church and Society Action Team Peace with Justice program in support of programs and projects with a mission of building shalom.
Proposals are welcome from local United Methodist churches, ecumenical bodies, or private non-profit organizations. Innovative, creative projects promoting community, national, or world peace or addressing civil liberties or social justice issues will be given priority.
Funding is limited so requests should be for $1,000 or less.
Applications should include numbered responses on one page:
- Name of organization
- Religious institution ___ Private non-profit ___
- Summary of organization’s purpose, history and current programs
- Summary of need for project
- Have you received a Peace with Justice Grant(s) previously?___Date(s)____
- Project title
- Description of project
- Amount requested and funding period to be covered
- Contact person, title, e-mail, mailing address, phone
Applications are due May 3, 2013 by e-mail in Word format to Ann Eachus, PNW Conference Church and Society Action Team Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All organizations making applications will be notified before Peace with Justice Sunday, May 26, 2013.