Become a 5 Columns of Mission Church, NOW!
By Joan Hackett
Will your church be a 5 Columns of Mission Church in 2014? There is still time to catch up!
1. Ask if your church collected an offering for One Great Hour of Sharing on March 30 and sent it to the Conference Treasurer.
If not, there is still time as the treasurer will accept money until the end of December for OGHS.
2. Find out which Advance project your church supported in 2014.
If none, then you can choose one of 739+ projects and give online crediting your church – check umcmission.org
3. Did your church give to a specific UMCOR disaster or UMCOR Undesignated in 2014?
If not there is still time to choose which one and give.
4. Which Missionary does your church covenant with?
If none, choose a Global Mission Fellow or PNW Missionary from the Funding Ministry and Mission Outreach booklet and complete the form and send a check to the Conference Treasurer by December 31.
CONGRATULATIONS, that’s 4 COLUMNS COMPLETED FOR 2014!
5. To achieve 5 Columns, has someone from your church at attended Mission u?
More than 25% of PNW churches were represented.
Find out who attended from your church and plan to register in 2015 for Mission u in Ellensburg, July 17-20 to study Latin America, Joy in Christian Living, and the Church and People with Disabilities. Scholarships available.