2015 Student Ministry Intern Job Description
Objective: This position exists for the mutual benefit of Faith United Methodist Church and the intern. Faith United Methodist Church receives an individual who can offer their own set of skills, knowledge, interests, and passions to support and enhance the FUMC ministry. In turn, the intern receives the opportunity to learn and practice ministry in a safe and nurturing environment as the intern continues to discern a call to ministry. The intern’s main focus is understand and fulfill the church’s mission statement, to make disciples for the transformation of the world and how it applies to students and families.
Set Days/Times: Sunday evenings (5-9pm), Monday mornings (8-11am) & afternoons (12-4pm)
Length of Commitment: June 21th-August 30 at 15-20 hours per week
- Possessing a desire for ministry and needing a place to learn and develop.
- Willing to develop mentoring relationship with students.
- Ability to help with events and group activities.
- Must be at least a freshman in college or 19, pass a national background check, and adhere to Faith UMC Safe Church policy.
Responsibilities and Goals
1. Be a leading presence at the majority of scheduled youth events
2. Help assist with the ministry tasks and support to young people
- Individual development
- Sunday night student gatherings
- Mondays at Pine Lake
- Staff meetings
- Relational work and discipleship with students
- Vacation Bible School (7/20-24)
- Montana (8/2-8)
- Hobuck Beach (8/28-30)
- Evaluating assessments from 2013-15 and addressing student needs.
- Development of Fall 2015 calendar and curriculum.
- Planning for 2016.
Have questions about the position or interest in applying? Please contact:
Cody Ray Charland