This part time Assistant Youth Director position will be a vital part of the youth ministry team at Aldersgate UMC. The main emphasis of this position will be to continue building and maintaining a strong and multi-faceted program for 6th -12th grade youth. This position will work closely with the Director of Children and Family Ministries, the Pastor, the youth, and their parents. An enthusiasm for youth, strong organizational and communication skills, paired with an outgoing, approachable personality are what we are looking for to round out our youth ministry team.
The Assistant Youth Director is expected to:
- Communicate by word and by example the need for a personal relationship with Christ
- Help provide a well- rounded program that exhibits our mission to grow in Faith, Love, Health and Service
- Develop leadership opportunities in youth program
- Build relationships with youth and their families
- Encourage participation in the life of Aldersgate and promote opportunities for involvement in the greater United Methodist connectional church.
- Facilitate the integration of youth into the youth program and then into the life of the church and young adult groups
- Maintain policies that support parents and follow AUMC Safe Church policies regarding authorized and adequate supervision and parental consent
- Help involve parents and the entire congregation in the youth program
- Meet regularly with the youth ministry team and, as needed, with church leadership about youth-related programs, visions, and issues
- The Assistant Youth Director must be available for youth Sunday School and Worship on Sunday mornings and for youth group on Sunday nights, along with other dates for special youth programming such as youth retreats, mission projects, etc.
We believe all people are of sacred worth and welcome everyone into worship life, membership and leadership of our church regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation or economic condition.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below:
Aldersgate UMC, Attention Jen Hoerber, 14230 SE Newport Way, Bellevue, WA 98006