Women In Ministry Cyber Retreat
February 8 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Let’s get together – ya, ya, ya!
A FREE Cyber Retreat for Sisters in Ministry
“If I ever miss the sharing that happens when women get together, it is like a hole in my heart that can’t be filled with anything else. Like missing the twin from whom I was separated at birth, and realizing there is something missing. SISTERS! It’s important to have a time to share with one another!”
– A PNW clergy sister
This year, even though we can’t meet in-person, we can meet on Zoom, and do the special sharing that we have done each year at the Women in Ministry Retreat. We’ll miss the special beauty and delicious meals at Rainbow Lodge. We’ll miss the late-night catching up with one or two sisters, hiking in the woods, playing board games, and sharing worship times. But, we don’t have to miss all of it!
Here’s an opportunity to check in with one another on zoom. To discover our DNA as sisters in ministry. To share the blessings and frustrations, the heartbreak and joy of being in ministry as a woman appointed in the PNW Conference of United Methodist Church.
Like Hayley Mills in The Parent Trap (the first one) we can discover ourselves again in the stories of others. So, “Let’s get together – ya, ya, ya!” just for that!
- 9:00 AM – anyone who has a “side meeting” they want to schedule and facilitate, come early to work out time(s)
- 9:30-11:30 AM – THE BIG ZOOM with everyone attending! Beginning with worship, and going directly into the “how is it with your soul/what’s happening in your life” check-ins.
- 11:30 AM-2:00 PM – Break for… rest, lunch, checking email, nap… OR breakout groups who want to talk about particular topics: upcoming General conference issues, political climate, etc.
- 2:00 PM – back to the BIG ZOOM to finish the check-ins, with a short worship at the end.
- 3:30 PM – “Goodbye, it was good to get together (ya, ya, ya)” to the large group – other groups may want to stay on for more side discussions.
SIDE GROUP PLANNERS/FACILITATOR TYPES: Anyone wanting to offer one of those side groups/discussion gatherings in the break or after the ending, please let Rev. Karla Fredericksen know of the topics ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org
After you RSVP, you will receive an automatic confirmation which will include a Zoom link to use for this gathering.