- This event has passed.
Vancouver All District Clergy and Lay Learning Event: Compassionate Spirituality
March 25, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm$10
We are clearly living in anxious times. Our communities are deeply divided and sometimes it’s hard to navigate how we are to move forward as individuals as well as faith communities. Dr. Frank Rogers, author of “The Way of Jesus, Compassion in Practice,” has been invited to help us circumnavigate our way into the future, offering healing and hope in a broken world. Following the way of Jesus, Dr. Rogers offers a way to live compassionately “when our world threatens to consume us, throbbing with boundless discrimination, violence, and greed.”
The Vancouver District invites you to join us as we develop our personal spiritual lives and explore practical ways to be compassionate in a fractured world. It is our belief that Jesus offers us a real solution to the challenges before us. And that solution is to act as God’s heartbeat; pumping grace into whatever community we find ourselves a part. Together we will explore how Jesus teaches us how to be at peace and how we can help heal our anxious world in the months and years to come.
We will also be offering some Nuts & Bolts style trainings in the afternoon:
- Finance: Rik Jameson
- Trustees: Brant Henshaw
- Staff Parish Relations: Rev. David Nieda
- Mission–Climate Justice: Myrna Manier & Stephanie Parsons
- Discipleship – 30 Days of Glory: Janet Kourey
- Practicing Compassion in Anxious Times: Dr. Frank Rogers
- Root, Bloom and Grow – Greater NW Church Revitalization Process: Rev. Steve Ross
- Relationship-Fueled Transformation: Pacific Northwest with Rachel Neer, Executive Director of Project Transformation: Pacific Northwest
This event welcomes all clergy and lay individuals.
Check-in begins at 9:30 AM.
A simple lunch will be catered and child-care is available.
Please promote this event in your local church bulletin! Click HERE for resources in Word.