CANCELLED – Mission u 2020
July 23 - July 26
This event has been canceled due to health and safety concerns relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Spiritual Growth Study: Finding Peace in the Midst of Anxiety (working title) by Erin Brown and contributors from Urban Village Church
- The 2020 Spiritual Growth Study by Erin Brown and the Urban Village Church staff, uses the Serenity Prayer as a guide to help Christians find their way through anxiety, worry and fear towards God’s peace that passes all understanding.
- Adult Study will be lead by Joanne Coleman Campbell
- Managing Anxiety: A Youth Study
- Lead by Abby Niehaus
- Managing Our Emotions: A Children’s Study
- Lead by Rudilyn (Lyn) C. Rush
- Issue Study: Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools by Dr. Monique Morris
- This insightful book invites the reader to learn about the school-to-prison pipeline, school-to-confinement pathways and school pushout through the words and stories of dozens of young people from all across the country, historical information and careful reflection. Push out was not written specifically for United Methodist Women or a Mission u context; it was published in 2016 by The New Press for a general audience.