Board of Pensions on Investing/Benefits
May 11, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
In the first two weeks of May seven meetings will take place around the conference. Each meeting covers the same issues. The meetings are open to all voting members of annual conference.
The meeting will cover four issues with the first issue on the agenda having relevance to all voting members of annual conference. The other issues will cover clergy benefits which will not be relevant to the lay members that attend. The issues covered are as follows:
- A resolution coming from the conference board of pensions that responds to the divestment from fossil fuels companies petition that was passed at last year’s annual conference requiring conference investments to be fossil free by January 1, 2018.
- Automatic enhancements with the United Methodist Personal Investment Plan beginning January 1, 2018. If one is currently contributing less then 2% of their plan compensation to UMPIP the automatic enhancements will impact them beginning January 1, 2018. There are currently 38 clergy that are contributing less than 2% of plan compensation to UMPIP so will be impacted by this pilot project.
- Wellness monetary incentives added to health reimbursement account by the conference board of pensions, not HealthFlex Exchange, will be eliminated beginning in 2018.
- Q&A with the conference benefits officer on any benefit or financial planning topic.
The meeting location, time and dates are as follows
- Friday, May 5th; Olympia: First; 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Friday, May 5th; Vancouver: Salmon Creek; 2 – 4 pm
- Wednesday, May 10th; Snohomish; 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Wednesday, May 10th; Kent; 1:30 – 3:30 pm
- Thursday, May 11th; Ellensburg; 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Thursday, May 11th; Pasco: Riverview 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Friday, May 12th; Spokane: Audubon Park; 9:30 – 11:30 am