Charge Conference Forms
Please complete and submit the following documents. Please give a copy to your District Superintendent at the meeting and, if possible, send it via email to your District Administrator at the District Service Center.
If the Charge Conference for your church is after the due date, paperwork is still due by December 15. If there needs to be a vote on something, changes in the forms can be submitted after voting.
Required Forms for the Fall 2020 Charge Conference
These forms are required for all United Methodist churches across all districts in the PNW. If your church believes that they are exempt from completing any of these forms – please speak with your District Superintendent.
- 2021 Church Officer List | DOC | PDF
- Local Church Financial Audit Program | DOC | PDF
- 2021 Pastoral Support Worksheet | (Worksheet Definitions)
- Pastoral Evaluation (done annually between charge conferences) done with S/PPRC and Pastor. (This new form replaces the SPRC Evaluation/ Competency Assessment forms we have done in the past) Please submit 1 form for each appointed pastor.
- Pastoral Leader Evaluation Form | DOC
Please include the following forms in your submission ONLY if they are applicable to your congregation:
We are asking all churches who have had the same pastors for 4 years or more to fill out this form fully:
If you have a church-owned parsonage, fill out this form after your annual walk-through with the Pastor, Trustee Chairperson, and S/PPRC Chairperson:
- Parsonage Checklist | DOC | PDF
- Even with COVID-19 this can be performed with masks and physical distancing, but if it is preferable to postpone the walkthrough until early 2021, that should be discussed with your District Superintendent.
- If your Parsonage is rented, please note that on the top of the form. It is still recommended that you perform an annual walkthrough by the trustees.
If you have a candidate for Ordained Ministry or a Certified Candidate or Local Pastor, fill out this form (vote also required):
- Candidate for Ordained Ministry | PDF
If you have someone who has completed a Lay Servant Ministry course, fill out this form (vote also required):
All Clergy (Retired Pastors, Honorable Location Pastors, & Extension Ministry) listing your church as their Charge Conference relationship should fill out this form if they have been active in ministry:
- Charge Conference Report | PDF
Congregations are required to complete an accessibility audit once per this 2020-2023 quadrennium. If you choose not to complete it this year you will need to do so in a subsequent year.
Actions at the Annual All-Church or Charge Conference
Here are the things that MUST be voted on by the annual All-Church or Charge Conference:
- Election of Leaders for 2021
- Pastor’s Salary Package for 2021 (using the support worksheet above)
- Any Candidates for Ordained Ministry and/or Local Pastors
- Any Lay Servant Ministers and/or Certified Lay Ministers
Here are the “Accountability Questions” asked at each annual All-Church or Charge Conference:
- Have the church’s financial activities been audited for 2019? (see the form above)
- Are your corporate status and property tax exemptions current?
- Is your insurance current and paid?
- Does your church have a current and enforced “Safe Churches” policy?
- Are you doing national background checks on volunteers and staff?
- Is your church current on its apportionments?
Clergy Forms (the Continuing Education form is due for every pastor by December 31, 2020, and the other forms are only if your DS requests them of you):
- Clergy Continuing Education | PDF (Due December 31)
- Outside of the required cultural competency & sexual ethics/boundary training, there will be flexibility given due to COVID-19 this year. * If you have questions talk to your Superintendent.
- Biographical Info Form | DOC | PDFs
- Clergy Profile Long Form | DOC | PDF
Prefer to download only once?
Click here to download all of the files on this page in one folder. After you click the link, look for the “Download” button in the top right-hand corner and select “Direct Download” or “Save to my Dropbox” (if you are a Dropbox user). Please refer to this page to know which files are required and which may be optional for your church.