Commission on Ethnic Ministries Grants
Commission on Ethnic Ministries Announces Two Grant Programs
Deadline for Submissions: Received by August 10, 2018
Grant Period: September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019
Beyond the Doors, Mission Field Engagement
This grant is focused on inviting racial/ethnic (persons of color) and linguistic communities (first language other than English) into relationship with the United Methodist Church locally. Beyond the Doorsfocuses on the mission field of the established faith community (local church or fellowship) and supports the faith community in ministry beyond its doors.
Successful applicants will receive $3,900 ($325 a month) in support of personnel costs associated with programs that are:
- Outwardly focused
- Serve racial/ethnic or linguistic communities in the mission field of the applicant
- Offer spiritual, intellectual, physical and/or social support that is clearly linked to the mission of the church: To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
- Owned by the applicant in visible and tangible ways
All faith communities and extension ministries of the Pacific Northwest Conference are eligible to apply.
Beyond the Doors 2018 Application
New Life, Vital and Growing Ethnic and Linguistic Faith Communities
This grant provides financial support to congregations and fellowships committed to reaching racial/ethnic communities (communities of color) and immigrant communities (first generation in the United States) in just and empowering ways.
Projects must meet a biblical standard outlined in Micah 6:8:
…to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with thy God.
Successful applicants will receive up to$5,000 for costs associated with the approved programs or projects that:
- Deepened sense of calling among the laity for justice and mercy in the local communities
- Increased connection outside of the church walls with people who are traditionally marginalized
- Transformation of lives through humble listening and connecting with neighbor and God
Racial/Ethnic and linguistic ministries of the PNW Conference and dominant culture ministries that are developing racial/ethnic or linguistic ministries are eligible to apply.
New Life 2018 Application
- Deadline for Submissions: Received by August 10, 2018
- Grant Review with Commission on Ethnic Ministries: August 16-17, 2018 (Note: You may be asked to participate in person or by video conference on this date at a scheduled time with the Commission)
- Award Notification: August 24, 2018
- Grant Period: September 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019
Contact Kristina Gonzalez, Director of Innovation for an Inclusive Church, at (800) 755-7710 x309 or email@example.com Patrick Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org.