Your Church’s Property Tax Exemption
September 17, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Building Use, Fundraisers, Concerts, and Sales (Church and Outside Groups)
Tuesday, September 17th at 6:00 -Fireside Room, Puyallup UMC
Presenters: Linda Smith and Ras Roberts
Exemption and Deferral | Property Tax Division
Washington State Department of Revenue
Many churches host outside groups in their buildings and/or have fundraisers.
Do you know:
- Some activities are considered business transactions?
- Ideally, Holiday Bazaars should have at least 51% of all proceeds going to your church from all vendors so it won’t count against you.?
- There are limits to the duration and types of business activities that may occur on nonprofit property?
- Concerts that sell CDs or other items might need to be limited?
- Be aware of how to protect your church from costly mistakes.
Join us to discuss specific scenarios or topics that may not be clear in Department of Revenue publications (like… other non-profit groups using your building for fundraisers). You are encouraged to read the publication Maintaining your Church’s Property Tax
Exemption from Washington Department of Revenue.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Keith at the church office. Specific questions you might have can also be emailed so that we can share with the presenters before the meeting. An RSVP from your church with the number attending is appreciated to plan the space, sound, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 253.845.0547