Charge Conference Forms
Charge Conference Paperwork is due to the District Service Center by December 15, 2018.
Please complete and submit the following documents. Please give a copy to your District Superintendent at the meeting and, if possible, send it via email to your District Administrator at the District Service Center.
Required Forms for the 2018-19 Charge / Church Conference
These forms are required for all United Methodist churches across all districts in the PNW. If your church believes that they are exempt from completing any of these forms – please speak with your District Superintendent.
- 2018 Church Officer List
- Local Church Examination (Audit) | DOC | PDF
- Pastoral Support Worksheet | (Worksheet Definitions)
Please include the following forms in your submission ONLY if they are applicable to your congregation:
Pastoral Evaluation (done annually between charge conferences) done with S/PPRC and Pastor:
- Competency Assessment for Minister / Pastor & SPRC | PDF
- Staff/Pastor Parish Relations Committee Ministry Assessment | PDF
- Ministry Assessment Tool – Appendix | PDF
- Ministry Assessment Tool / Guide | PDF
If you have a church-owned parsonage, fill out this form after your annual walk-through with the Pastor, Trustee Chairperson and S/PPRC Chairperson:
- Parsonage Checklist | PDF
If you have a candidate for Ordained Ministry or a Certified Candidate or Local Pastor, fill out this form (vote also required):
- Candidate for Ordained Ministry | PDF
If you have someone who has completed a Lay Servant Ministry course, fill out this form (vote also required):
- Lay Servant Report and Recertification | PDF
Please have pastors on Honorable Location or retired pastors listing your church as their Charge Conference relationship fill out this form if they have been active in ministry:
- Retired Pastor & Honorable Location Report | PDF
If your congregation hasn’t filled out the accessibility audit during this 2016-2019 quadrennium (or if you have new or altered physical property), please fill out this form:
Actions at the Annual All-Church or Charge Conference
Here are the things that MUST be voted on by the annual All-Church or Charge Conference:
- Election of Leaders for 2019
- Pastor’s Salary Package for 2019 (using the support worksheet above)
- Any Candidates for Ordained Ministry and/or Local Pastors
- Any Lay Servant Ministers and/or Certified Lay Ministers
Here are the “Accountability Questions” asked at each annual All-Church or Charge Conference:
- Have churches financial activities been audited for 2017? (see form above)
- Are your corporate status and property tax exemptions current?
- Is your insurance current and paid?
- Does your church have a current and enforced “Safe Churches” policy?
- Are you doing national background checks on volunteers and staff?
- Is your church current on its apportionments?
Clergy Forms (the Continuing Education form is due for every pastor by December 31, 2018 and the other forms are only if your DS requests them of you):
- Clergy Continuing Education | DOC (Due December 31)
- Biographical Info Form | DOC
- Clergy Profile Long Form | DOC
If you are anticipating a pastoral transition, your District Superintendent may ask your congregation to fill out this form fully:
- Church Profile Form | DOC
Prefer to download only once?
Click here to download all of the files on this page in one folder. After you click the link, look for the “Download” button in the top righthand corner and select “Download as .zip” or “Save to my Dropbox” (if you are a Dropbox user). Please refer to this page to know which files are required and which may be optional for your church.
Each church that accurately and completely fills out all Required Charge Conference Forms in the format in which they are found on the website will be entered to win a complimentary registration to 2019 Annual Conference for either a lay member or clergy. One church from each district will be chosen.
If the Charge Conference for your church is after the due date, paperwork is still due by December 15. If there needs to be a vote on something, changes in the forms can be submitted after voting.