Skip to main content

Proving your churches nonprofit status

Good news, this process typically takes just a few minutes! If you get stuck, please let us know and we’d be happy to help out.

  1. Click here to visit the Group Ruling Website created by GCFA to help local churches to obtain a group ruling certification letter.
  2. Click on the Begin Application button, then the Continue button after you’ve read the instructions.
  3. You will need to know your churches Employer Identification Number (EIN). This number can be found on any payroll tax form.
  4. You’ll be prompted to search for your church and then to update contact information.
  5. Then print and save a copy of the group ruling letter.
  6. Be sure to “opt-in” to be included in the GuideStar electronic look-up of registered nonprofit entities. Click here to view a sample of the application with the Guidestar section.

You can do this process every time you need to prove your tax exempt status or save this copy and use it over and over.

Treasurer’s Office Menu

Treasurer/Benefits Staff

Brant Henshaw 
Pacific Northwest Conference Treasurer
206-870-6832 | Email 

Bruce Galvin 
Conference Benefits Officer
206-870-6819 | Email 

Liz Gough 
206-870-6817 | Fax: 206-870-6839 | Email 

Cathy Lang 
Clergy Benefits Receivables
Building Manager
Wesley Homes Room Reservations
206-870-6816 | Email

Translate »