Auburn First United Methodist Church seeks a part-time Children & Youth Ministries Coordinator (20 hours per week). This individual is responsible for coordinating and growing a Christian-based ministry to children, youth, and their families and to partner in creative ways with local organizations in support of the wider, extramural community.
- Passion for creating experiences that help children and youth connect with God and one another.
- Understand the emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs of children and youth.
- Authentically model Christian faith with progressive theology and be able to communicate their own spiritual life and faith.
- Ability to relate easily to parents, children, youth, and church members.
- Effective planning, well-organized, and clear communication.
- Experience working with children; children and youth ministry experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Excellent planning skills as well as demonstrated ability to execute well-organized programs and events and work within a budget.
- Effective communication skills with children, youth, and their parents.
- Certified (or planning to be certified) in AED, First Aid and CPR for children, infants, and adults.
- Strong computer and social media skills.
Hourly position: 20 hours per week – Sunday mornings, some evenings with some normal weekday office hours as agreed upon with the AFUMC Pastor. Additional hours to be considered as the program grows.
Salary Range: $20-$25 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Chair, Auburn First UMC SPR Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. No in-person applications or phone calls, please.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.