Who can participate?
Singers and musicians who go to a church or ministry in the Greater NW Area of the United Methodist Church, including the Alaska, Oregon-Idaho and Pacific Northwest Conferences.
What is the deadline?
Recordings are due to be uploaded on or before the end of the day on Friday February 26th.
When will the finished music be available for churches to download and incorporate in their worship?
The finished videos are expected to be released by the middle of March to be available for churches to download and share with their congregations and or include in their worship services in Holy Week and the Easter Season. Churches in the Greater NW Area have permission to use these recordings in their online worship.
Greetings, I’m James Payne, Music Director at Clarkston UMC, in Clarkston, WA. During this time we long to be together. Although we cannot physically be together, we can join together in song and worship from a distance. I am inviting you, the choirs – singers – and musicians, in the Greater NW Area of the United Methodist Church, to join me in a Mass Virtual Choir to celebrate Holy Week and Easter. It is a joy to invite the Regional Media Center and the Office of Connectional Ministries as partners in ministry to enable us to expand the reach of this project.
How to participate:
We have two songs available as options to join in singing. You may choose to sign up for one or both of the songs. Due Date for part recordings of both songs is on or before Friday February 26th.
- Click on the orange button below to sign up for a part on one or both of the songs.
- Download the mp3 file for your voice part and a copy of the sheet music. (if you don’t have a download option after clicking on the button below, please let Teri Tobey know what browser you are using, Chrome is currently working and Safari is not)
- Practice with the vocal track using headphones/earbuds.
- You will need to have two online/media devices, like a cellphone and a pc or tablet.
- As the accompaniment track is played on a pc or tablet (while using a headphone to listen to your part) record your part on the second device in “video selfie” mode. Start the recording device even before the accompaniment begins, this is important for the editing process. Also, do your best to smile and have a good posture during the recording process.
- Video yourself in landscape mode – camera/phone horizontal, not vertical. *Pro tip: Set your camera so that the lens is eye level. Avoid Looking up or down towards your device.
- Rename your recorded file as: NameOfPiece-name-church-voice-part(ex. GodIsWithUs-JamesPayne-ClarkstonUMC-Tenor)
- Upload the recording to the link provided in the email you received after signing up for your specific part.
Song 1: Crown of Thorns
Sheet Music for Crown of Thorns
Practice and Sing Along Tracks for Crown of Thorns
Song 2: Christ Has Conquered The Grave
Sheet Music for Christ Has Conquered The Grave
Practice and Sing Along Tracks for Christ Has Conquered The Grave
Please note that the narration at the beginning of the practice tracks will not be included in the final song. If you are interested in the narration that is part of a wider Easter musical from Discovery Worship please contact Teri Tobey for more information.