Charge Conference Forms
Please complete and submit the following required and optional documents. If you are not submitting documents via your Church Dashboard, originals should be kept, and copies should be sent to your District Administrator directly or to the District Service Center. The 2024 Officers’ Contact List, Church M.I.L.E. Assessment (replaces the SPRC/Pastoral Eval form), and the 2024 Pastor Support Worksheet for those with paid clergy are due ahead of your charge conference. All other forms are due to your District Administrator by December 15, 2023, unless otherwise noted.
New this year– Clergy and Local church leadership can access and submit Charge Conference forms through their People Portal Here. You will need the address where you receive Conference communications to access your People Portal. If you don’t know what your password is, click the “Need help logging in” button on the log-in page. Once inside your portal, you will see a black box on the left side of the page with links to required forms for you and the link to the Church Dashboard for your church, depending on your status as pastor or leadership assignment. If you have questions about accessing the People Portal or your church Dashboard, please view this short Video.
How to download the forms below
After you click the link for the DOC or PDF file, Click on the View File button. Then look for the “Download” button in the top right-hand corner (the underlined arrow) and select “Direct Download” or “Save to my Dropbox” (if you are a Dropbox user). Download the form to your desktop and save/rename the document. Complete the form and save it again. This will allow you to easily attach the form to your email for sending to your District Superintendent and District Administrator.
Required Forms for Fall 2023 Charge Conferences
These forms are required for all United Methodist Churches across all districts in the PNW. If your church believes that they are exempt from completing any of these forms – please speak with your District Superintendent.
- 2024 Church Officer List: DOC | PDF
- Church M.I.L.E. Assessment: (replaces the SPRC/Pastoral Eval Form) Designed to open a wider dialogue with key leaders in your church. DOC | PDF
- 2024 Pastoral Support Worksheet: (Worksheet Definitions)
- Full-time, Part-time, Clergy, and lay Pastors, with or without benefits, will all use the following form. | PDF (PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE –It may require free Adobe Acrobat Reader for fields to auto-calculate.) Be sure to read the first page before starting the Pastoral Support worksheet. If you need a printable Word document, please contact your District Administrator.
- 2023 Quick Minutes: Use the form to record votes at your pre-charge conference council meeting and your charge conference, along with those attending and voting. Submit this form after your charge conference. DOC | PDF
- Local Church Financial Audit Program: DOC | PDF
- Fund Balance Sheet: Submit by January 31, 2024, for the year 2023 | PDF
Additional Required Documents: Please include the following forms if they apply to you or your congregation:
Church Profile – Please complete or update once per quadrennium, or if a pastoral change is expected, using the online Church Dashboard. To be completed by the Pastoral Leader or Church Admin. If you have questions, please contact your Administrative Assistant or District Superintendent. | Church Dashboard Link | DOC
Parsonage Checklist – If you have a church-owned parsonage, complete this form after your annual walk-through with the Pastor, Trustee Chairperson, and S/PPRC Chairperson. If your Parsonage is rented, please note that at the top of the form. Parsonage Checklist | DOC | PDF
All Clergy – (Retired Pastors, Honorable Location Pastors, and extension Ministry) listing your church as their Charge Conference relationship should fill out this form if they have been active in ministry. Charge Conference Report | PDF
Candidate for Ordained Ministry – If you have a candidate for Ordained Ministry, a Certified Candidate, or a Local Pastor, fill out this form (vote is also required). Candidate for Ordained Ministry | PDF
Lay Servant Report & Recertification – If you have someone who needs to complete a Lay Servant Report or a Ministry course, fill out this form (vote is also required). Lay Servant Report & Recertification| PDF
Lay Speaker Report & Recertification – If you have someone who needs to complete a Lay Speaker Annual Report to the Charge Conference, fill out this form (vote is also required). Lay Speaker Report & Recertification | PDF
Clergy Profile – Clergy should update their profiles using the People Portal if they have not done so in the last two years or if a change is expected. If you cannot access the people portal, please see the video below, email your District Administrative Assistant for help, or download and mail the forms to your District Administrator.
- Clergy Profile Long Form and Biographical Info (Due at Charge Conference) | People Portal Link
- Clergy Profile Long Form | DOC | PDF
- Biographical Info Form | DOC | PDF
- Clergy Continuing Education Form due 12/31/2023 | PDF
Actions at the Annual All-Church or Charge Conference
Here are the things that MUST be voted on by the annual All-Church or Charge Conference:
- Nominations Report and Election of Leaders for 2024 (include all elected leaders & positions)
- Pastor’s Salary Package for 2024 (using the support worksheet above)
- Any Candidates for Ordained Ministry and/or Local Pastors
- Any Lay Servant Ministers and/or Certified Lay Ministers
- Reading of any names of inactive persons on membership rolls/voting to remove if 2nd year read… This is generally not done every year.
Here are the “Accountability Questions” asked at each annual All-Church or Charge Conference:
- Have the church’s financial activities been audited for 2022? (see the form above)
- Are your corporate status and property tax exemptions current?
- Is your insurance current and paid?
- Does your church have a current and enforced “Safe Churches” policy?
- Are you doing national background checks on volunteers and staff?
- Is your church current on its apportionments?
- Has at least one person taken a course for laity leadership enhancement this year?
- Has your Church completed the M.I.L.E. assessment?
Prefer to download all forms only once?
Click here to download all of the files on this page in one folder. After you click the link, look for the “Download” button in the top right-hand corner and select “Direct Download” or “Save to my Dropbox” (if you are a Dropbox user). Please refer to this page to know which files are required and which may be optional for your church.