Kent UMC (Kent, WA): P/T Mid and Sr. High Youth Leaders
Kent United Methodist Church is looking for two part-time staff to help lead their fantastic volunteer team and grow their youth group. If you love Jesus and young people, are organized, communicate well, and are an energetic team builder, this just might be the right job for you. They are looking for two leaders (mid-high and Sr. High) ready to work about 10 hours/week to reach youth, deepen faith among the adult leaders and youth group members, and help the church to grow its discipleship ministry with youth and their families. Below is the ministry description.
The Mid-High and Sr. High Youth Leaders shall be Christian Spiritual Leaders who support the United Methodist Church, are willing to commit to practicing the Love-Grow-Serve-Share Journey of Christian discipleship, and the DRIVE practices in order to grow in Christ-likeness and to lead others in their spiritual growth. The Leaders will direct and lead youth ministries under the direction of the Pastor. They will build Christian community through relationships that strengthen their commitment to Christ and to God’s mission in the world. They will help to develop and lead a youth ministry that is Christ-centered, mission-based, and that equips adults to live a life of godliness and service. The Mid-High and Sr. High Youth Leaders will have good people skills that nurture team building with the staff and congregation, and that support all people of the church in exploring and sharing their gifts.
Mid-High: All youth in grades 6 through 8
Sr. High: All youth in grades 9 through 12
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strong, positive, mentoring relationships with youth and their families outside of youth fellowship time. (Cards, letters, attend school and sporting events, choir performances, etc.)
- Work with the Pastor to plan and lead weekly youth fellowship with enthusiasm.
- Work with the pastor to plan and lead annual youth retreat and special events.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor and KUMC Discipleship Directors for mentoring, planning, and training.
- Work with the Pastor and KUMC Discipleship Directors to increase participation in youth ministries at KUMC.
- Model discipleship and do all that one can to build-up the spiritual life of youth and families.
- Recruit, disciple, train, and deploy an effective team of adult volunteers to build a web of relationships for each youth and to assist in youth fellowship events and time together.
- Propose and manage relevant parts of the annual budget and oversee fundraising projects.
- Provide youth-related input to the monthly newsletter and other publications.
- Establish and communicate the youth ministry calendar.
- The Mid-High and Sr. High Leaders will be committed followers of Jesus with a passion for bringing others to Christ, a heart for reaching out, and experience growing groups in both depth of discipleship and in numbers.
- Dynamic leadership abilities and strong organizational skills.
- Prefer education and/or experience in leading youth.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work cooperatively with pastor, adults, church staff, and all ages of worshipers.
- Theologically consistent with KUMC.
- Take initiative – be a self-starter on a regular basis.
- Successfully complete a State and Federal background check.
- Abide by the Personnel Policies and Safe Church Policies of Kent United Methodist Church, including maintaining current PNW Safe Church certification.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will remain open until filled. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to meeting you!