Arlington United Church: P/T Worship/Music Leader
Reports to: Lead Pastor, Rev. Ieisha Hawley
Status: part-time, (10 Hours A Week approx.)
- Availability one evening a week between 6:00pm and 8:00pm required.
- Availability Sunday Mornings between 9:00am and 12:00pm required.
- Availability for extra worship services during important holidays required (Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday etc.) Other consistent hours will be negotiated.
Salary: $6,600 – $11,400 (dependent on qualifications)
Job Summary: We are looking for a worship leader to join our staff team at Arlington United Church (AUC). The worship leader will be involved in leading and overseeing our music ministry. This includes organizing the worship team, working with the Lead Pastor to plan services, leading worship, and developing lay leaders and musicians. This worship leader should have experience in leading and administrating music ministry in a contemporary, intergenerational church setting. The worship style of AUC is generally contemporary in style (worship team lead) but regularly incorporates hymns into the worship life of the church. Need for ownership and articulation of the values, vision, and mission of AUC The worship leader facilitates and energetically leads music during Sunday worship services, incorporating a variety of elements and diverse styles (Hymns, choral pieces, and contemporary worship) that focus on welcoming and inspiring the church community into full participation in the bold mission of God’s love and justice in our city. The candidate must be passionate about embracing and centering God’s love for all spiritual needs and realities, as they minister to, and help us build, a diverse faith community in the city of Arlington, WA.
- Communicate with the pastor and worship team on theme/sermon content for the week to create a well-planned and prayerful worship service, choosing songs that would lead people most effectively and respond to God’s word and presence.
- Must possess a theology of worship that is biblical, Christ-centered and Spirit directed.
- Must have a strong personal devotional life.
- Must be culturally agile and understand how to work in a multicultural setting.
- Recruit/audition volunteer musicians, singers, and choir singers.
- Frequently invite others to increase size and diversity (gender, racial/ethnic) of singers and musicians.
- Coordinate and oversee rehearsals (requires one evening a week, and Sunday mornings).
- Lead music during the service through vocals and instruments (ideally guitar, percussion, and/or piano), including opening, offering, communion, and closing songs.
- Exabits a strong presence of public leadership and public speaking as they invite and lead the congregation into worshiping God on Sunday morning.
- Participation in weekly worship meetings.
- Connecting, being available for meeting or answering questions/taking suggestions of Congregants.
- Arranging, writing, transcribing recordings/writing out scores and charts as necessary.
- Formal or informal musical training (can range from self-taught, to private lessons, to college degree with a music background).
- At least 1-year prior experience leading worship in a congregational setting preferred.
- Experience working with congregations comprised and supportive of multiethnic and multi-generational communities strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead songs vocally and instrumentally.
- Knowledge of a wide range of Christian/spiritual songs that are diverse and relevant.
- Experience training and organizing musicians.
- Comfortable speaking and performing publicly.
- The ability to create goals and vision for the music team.
- Public leadership
- Team building
- Developing relationships
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to Pastor Ieisha Hawley (email@example.com). Optional, feel free to include up to three YouTube/Vimeo links to services where you are leading worship for reference. All applicants will be considered equally even if links aren’t included in your application email. For qualified applicants, we will follow up with scheduling an interview.