Fairwood Community UMC (Renton, WA): P/T Office Manager
Fairwood Community United Methodist Church in Renton, Washington is seeking applicants for the position of part-time Church Office Manager. The job description follows; please direct any questions or applications to the address provided below.
Schedule: Church Office Manager. This is a part-time, non-exempt (i.e. hourly) position. Typical work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The start time could be flexible depending on applicant’s needs.
Pay range: $20 to $25 per hour DOE
Employer: Fairwood Community (Renton) United Methodist Church. We regard the love of God to be the foundation of our life and ministry. We believe in the ever-present love of God as witnessed through Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit. We believe that each person is loved by God and is of sacred worth.
Reports to: Pastor for daily operations, and Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC, liaison assigned) for fulfilling responsibilities defined in the job description, defining goals, evaluation and communication of concerns related to the performance of the position.
Primary Accountabilities: The Church Office Manager is accountable for the efficient operation of the church office. The Manager’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Front office reception: Greet members and visitors; answer questions; relay messages
- Able to produce weekly quality work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Able to provide support to the pastor, facilities, committees, and staff as requested.
- Ability to update the website and other social media as needed.
- Ability to design program layouts of worship services or other events as requested
- Produce publication of weekly bulletin, monthly newsletter, and annual reports as directed
- Maintain online monthly events calendar and post major church events to social media calendar
- Oversee the use of the church facilities by coordinating and scheduling building use by church and non-church groups, obtain completed paperwork and fees from non-church groups
- Maintain accuracy of various materials or documents (i.e.), phone directories, record attendance records, and mailing/contact lists
- Routing pastoral requests on illness, deaths, etc. to appropriate groups (i.e.), Pastor, prayer chain.
- Perform general office duties including preparing annual office budget, maintaining office equipment, ordering supplies, etc.
- Financial accounting and controls including accounts payable, payroll, weekly deposits for church and preschool (tuition), records retention
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of software applications including Windows 10, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher. Preferred knowledge of PowerPoint, Financial Accounting Software like QuickBooks Desktop Premier, Google Drive, Google Suite, Gmail, and Apple products. Ability to diagnose and fix minor computer and network issues.
- Administrative support experience preferred
- General phone and computer skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional grammar, typography, and proofreading skills
- Ability to keep accurate records and an organized file system.
- Ability to keep church matters confidential
- Able to pass a background check.
Contact/application information: If you’re interested, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to meeting you!