Edmonds (WA) UMC: Director of Family Ministries
The purpose of the Director of Family Ministries at Edmonds United Methodist Church is to draw our church community closer together so that we can draw closer to God through the spiritual development of children, youth, and families.
- Lead and coordinate teachers and volunteers in the Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
- Facilitate education, lead mission trips, lead youth group activities, and facilitate curriculum training of Family Ministries stakeholders (Children’s Moment, Sunday School, VBS, Club 456, Youth Group, Mission Trip Preparation, and other activities)
- Serve as an advocate for Family Ministry with staff, congregation, and lay leaders
- Supervise Youth Director, Nursery Staff, and Children’s Ministry Volunteers
- Oversee and manage all Children, Youth, and Family Programs
- Develop & implement new programs to enhance and grow the Family ministry and help stakeholders grow in their relationships with each other and Jesus Christ
- Equip families with resources and education to help them become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families
- Develop and direct children and family outreach opportunities
- Work with Children’s Center Director to develop opportunities for cross-engagement between the Children’s Center and EUMC Family Ministries
- Ensure appropriate supplies are made available to teachers and volunteers
- Manage communications with Children, Youth, and Families using a variety of technology and social media
- Recruit, interview, and screen volunteers and staff
- Coordinate schedules and train education volunteers
- Ensure EUMC Safe Church Policy is followed and enforced including completion of appropriate training and paperwork
- Develop, implement, and manage budget for Children, Youth and Family programs.
- Write grant applications for funding support for mission partnership opportunities
- Manage children and youth building spaces, ensuring spaces adequately meet the needs of the ministries
- Serve as a healthy and accessible role model of servant leadership
- Provide children, youth, and families with pastoral care as appropriate
- Network with community organizations to develop partnership opportunities
- Participate in all Church staff meetings and partner in all Church projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Theology, Ministry or related field. Equivalent experience in the field of education or children’s ministries may substitute
- Experience in a leadership/management role in Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
- Substantial knowledge of Christian education curriculum options
- Able to build positive and constructive relationships with children, youth and parents
- Computer literacy that includes a familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS and ATTRIBUTES:
- A spiritually mature Christian with a strong sense of calling to children, youth, and family ministry
- Supportive of the LGBTQ+ community
- Social justice-oriented theology
- Working knowledge of child development and youth culture
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to leverage and mobilize volunteers and build community
- Able to utilize & leverage technology and social media to meet people where they are at appropriately
- Creative thinker, open to new ideas, improving work processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Approachable, open-minded, flexible, and adaptable
Employment at EUMC provides paid vacation and sick leave, 14 paid holidays per year, a health benefit package, and eligibility to enroll in the United Methodist Personal Investment Plan (UMPIP) a 403(b)-retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2022, for priority review. Position will remain open until filled.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.
Edmonds United Methodist Church is an employer that complies with the State of Washington to require all staff be vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccination. Compliance with this requirement is mandatory for employment.
This congregation is committed to being a radically loving, welcoming, anti-racist community of faith, centered in the good news of Jesus Christ, which is for all people. Therefore, in faithfulness to the gospel and our United Methodist heritage, and to the best of our ability, we promise to provide programs, ministries, and pastoral care to all who seek God in this place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.