Covington: Cornerstone United Methodist Church Searching for 3 Summer interns for Children & Youth Ministry
We are looking for applicants who are willing to work with our church ministry team this summer to help in offering exciting and consistent ministries to children, youth and adults at Cornerstone Church and in the local Covington/Maple Valley area. Flexibility, a positive attitude, and a willingness to engage in different areas and forms of ministry is a “must” during this unique season of social distancing.
This Summer we will be hiring three interns, each with a “specialized ministry focus” of either High School youth, Middle School youth , or Children’s Ministries.
- Hours: Interns will work 20-25 hours per week each, depending on programming for the week.
- Age: Children’s Ministries: at least High School Graduate (or to be 2022) Middle School: at least two years out of High School High School: at least two years out of High School
- Length: The applicant will work for 10-12 weeks, ideally Mid-June though the end of August, but this can be negotiated based on college schedules.
- Compensation: Interns receive a salaried monthly stipend.
- Supervisors: Children’s Ministry Director Karen Kirkman, Interim Youth Director Felicia Johnson. There may also be opportunities to occasionally work under supervision of Pastor.
This internship at Cornerstone seeks to provide opportunities to:
- Discover and develop giftedness in ministry
- Develop interns’ spiritual lives and relationship with the Lord
- Encourage people who are at different places in their faith walk
- Lead in many different ways
- Develop a healthy work ethic, leadership, and responsibility
Applications due by May 9th 2022.