Afghan Refugee Assistance Center at Fairwood Community United Methodist Church
Fairwood Community United Methodist Church, 15255 SE Fairwood Blvd., Renton, WA, is hosting SCM Medical Missions, a Seattle charity, helping with Afghan Refugee resettlement. www.scmmedicalmissions.org Over 1,900 Afghan refugees have arrived in Washington and 550 more are expected in the coming weeks. Working with SCM, Fairwood hosts a Clothing and Hygiene Center for newly arriving Refugees (those who have been in the US less than a year).
To keep the Center going for another 3 months, we welcome volunteers and donations.
Items may be dropped off on Fridays between 11 and 2 pm at Fairwood, at Benedict Hall, the building on the left, OR items may be dropped off Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm in the Church narthex, the building on the right. Ring the doorbell if the red doors are locked. The church phone number is 425 228 4577
Volunteers or questions? Pamela Van Swearingen, SCM Volunteer, 425-772-3009, email@example.com
The items most needed are:
Gift Cards Visa, Walmart, Joann Fabrics
- Underwear in all sizes ~ Women’s, Men’s & Boys (Briefs only, no boxers or “skimpy” undies)
- Diapers –sizes Newborn, 4,5, & 6
- Maxi pads (long and thick), not panty liners
Medicine over-the-counter (generic/store brands ok)
- Plain Acetaminophen (Extra-strength is OK, NOT PM)
- Children’s Acetaminophen
- Toys (non-battery) and stuffed animals
Clothing and Coats for all (new or gently used):
- Girls: Early Teens through Juniors – Pants/jeans and Tops
- Women’s Blouses, below the knee Skirts (not tight), & Dresses (no pants needed)
- School Age kids: New or gently worn tops and pants; new shoes.
There is a great need for:
- Working computers
- Sewing machines (with bobbins and user manual)
- Solid colored cotton fabric (women are sewing skirts)
- Fabric cutting scissors, thread