Moran UMC (Spokane, WA): Lead Nursery Attendant
Moran United Methodist Church in Spokane, Washington is seeking applicants for Lead Nursery Attendant. Please continue reading for the full job description and for information on how to apply.
Lead Nursery Attendant
Reports To: Pastor and Nursery Coordinator for day-to-day operations; Staff/Pastor-Parish Relations Committee (SPPRC) for fulfilling responsibilities defined in the job description, defining goals, evaluation, and communication of concerns related to the performance of the position.Directly Supervises: Volunteer Nursery AssistantsStatus: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (4 hours/week)Compensation: $14.00 per hour
Job Summary: The Lead Nursery Attendant will implement the Nursery/Preschool Sunday School program, creating a safe and loving environment for young children (ages 0 through 5 years) during Sunday worship and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work up to 3 hours on Sunday morning providing care and programming for children age 5 and under (8:45am to 11:45am), plus 1 additional hour each week for planning and preparation. Occasional additional work hours will be available periodically during meetings and special events.
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love, and serve God.
- Understand and be able to champion the church’s purpose, vision, and journey, as well as the theology and traditions of the United Methodist Church.
- Establish and maintain good communication with, and be responsive to, parents and guardians.
- Use personal creativity to actively engage children while leading learning activities and teaching the provided curriculum.
- Provide a safe, clean environment for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Disinfect tables and chairs weekly. Clean toys, furniture, and materials as needed.
- Ensure that each child has a current registration form on file, and that all children are signed in and out.
- Communicate with nursery coordinator regularly.
- Work with the Director of Children’s, Youth, and Family Ministries to recruit, train, supervise, and support volunteer nursery assistants.
- Attend quarterly Sunday School Teachers Meetings and occasional staff meetings.
- Follow written rules and procedures for the Nursery, including the Safe Sanctuary policies of Moran United Methodist Church.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior experience working with infants and young children is strongly preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to relate well to children and their families
- Possess strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to frequently change position: stand, sit, kneel, bend, and carry children
- Ability to lift and carry children up to 35 pounds
- Must be certified in Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR, or willing to become certified upon hire
- Prior experience working with children with disabilities preferred
- Present the results of a current (within 1 year) Tuberculin test and current immunizations.
- Must pass a National Background Check.
Application Deadline: OPEN until the position is filled. Please submit your resume and cover letter to PastorNatland@gmail.com