Kent United Methodist Church (www.kentmethodist.com) is seeking a Director of Children’s Discipleship to join our staff team. The ideal candidate will be excited about building authentic relationships with children, from birth to 6th grade, and their families that model and foster a life of discipleship in accordance with our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Director of Children’s Discipleship is directly responsible for overseeing the Children’s Ministries of Kent UMC, specifically:
- Developing relationships with all KUMC children and their families in order to facilitate the formation of lifelong, life-giving, personal, transformational relationships with God in Jesus Christ.
- Recruiting, training and nurturing an effective team of volunteers.
- Integrating children and whole families into every aspect of the life of the church.
- Overseeing the church’s Children’s Choir Director, nursery and staff, and acting as church liaison and board member with our Mom’s Day Out program and scouting programs.
- Preparing and managing the children’s ministry budget and fundraising projects.
- Infusing a joyful and welcoming atmosphere into all children’s ministry programs.
- Overseeing children’s special events/activities including the children’s Christmas program.
The Director of Children’s Discipleship will achieve these initiatives by:
- Regularly praying for KUMC children, families, volunteers, and the children’s discipleship programs, and facilitating a joyful and welcoming presence within children’s ministry, in order to change the world, one child at a time.
- Providing leadership, training, resources, spiritual support, and encouragement to the volunteers and paid staff working within the area of children’s ministry, including obtaining and distributing Sunday school curriculum, holding monthly teacher meetings and team fellowship opportunities.
- Being a central presence on Sunday mornings, welcoming families, answering questions, and assisting volunteers.
- Being part of worship by writing and presenting the weekly Children’s Sermon, and coordinating the acolyte ministry.
- Coordinating child-oriented, family-centered worship and fellowship opportunities.
- Ensuring that news, key information and priorities are communicated clearly to families and leaders through personal, electronic, social, and print media.
- Working with the pastor and other church staff in developing and leading programs to incorporate children and whole families in all phases of the life and worship of the church.
Experience—3-5 years of successful Children’s Ministry experience
Compensation—commensurate with experience
Job Type—part-time (25-30 hours per week)
Application—send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by mail:
Kent United Methodist Church
11010 SE 248th St
Kent, WA 98030