Engage children and youth in lessons and activities grounded in the Christian tradition and designed to help them learn and grow in their understanding of God’s love for humanity and all of creation.
- Be the main Sunday School teacher for an all-ages lesson and lead art, music, games or free play each week.
- Recruit, orient and coordinate volunteer teachers to assist with Sunday School.
- Design and lead an inter-generational, creative, experiential and hands-on faith formation experience during Sunday morning worship at least twice every three months.
- Lead up to three additional activities during the year, such as offering the “Our Whole Lives” curriculum, summer inter-generational fun, and/or special events tied to the Christian church calendar.
- With the Faith & Spiritual Growth Committee, select curriculum for children and youth ages 5-14 years old.
- Use petty cash to purchase materials as necessary, within the assigned budget.
- Collect and maintain current roster information.
- Be present at minimum 9:30-11:30 AM each Sunday morning; planning time is flexible.
- Maintain classroom space and materials.
- Serve as a role model for children and youth, maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to pass WA State Patrol and national Intellicorps background checks.
- Experience leading children and youth in learning activities.
- Willingness to teach the values and beliefs of this congregation. Visit www.ucup.org to get a sense of who we are.
- Demonstrate creativity in designing engaging activities for all ages and learning styles.
- Be grounded in a Christian faith tradition.
- Be at least 21 years old.
Part-time position of 8-10 hours per week at $18-$20/hour depending on qualifications.Three Sundays off annually and paid sick leave per WA State law; no other benefits.
Reports To / Supported By:
Directly accountable to the Pastor, with support from the Staff Parish Relations Committee and Faith & Spiritual Growth.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Hiring is on recommendation and approval of the Staff Parish Relations Committee.