University Temple United Methodist Church is currently seeking a teacher for Sunday mornings. The job is available to start immediately. The appropriate candidate should have previous experience working with children ages 2-12. This position will be the main teacher each Sunday and will work with volunteers who are available to support the children during class. Class time is 10:30-12, prior to class is free time and snack for the children who arrive early to church.
- Welcome and orient parents and children who arrive for church
- Assign tasks to the day’s volunteers
- Serve as main Sunday school teacher for an all ages lesson
- Lead singing, art, games, or free play
- Clean room and materials at closing
- Communicate with the Pastor and the Children and Family Ministries Director to make them aware of needed supplies or equipment
- Implement church safety policies
- Report any problems or concerns to Pastor and the Children and Family Ministries Director.
- Experience with early childhood and elementary school age children.
- Desire and experience planning and teaching young children.
- Dependable with ability to work all Sundays unless planned and approved ahead.
- Able to work independently.
- Must pass background check.
- Provide references upon request.
- Willingness to teach the values and beliefs of this congregation. Please visit www.utemple.org to get a sense of who we are.
To apply for this position, please email Pastor Pat Simpson with a cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Every Sunday, 9:00-noon + 1 hour weekly for planning and prep time