Sand Point Community United Methodist Church in NE Seattle is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Music Director. Interested persons are asked to review the condensed job description below and email a cover letter and resumé to the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a part-time position for approximately 15 hours per week with extra holiday responsibilities and fewer summer hours from mid-June to September. It is a salaried position.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The church Music Director is responsible for the development and oversight of the entire music ministry of the church.
MAJOR DUTIES: (other details to be provided)
- Rehearse (Wednesday eve) and direct the Chancel Choir weekly at Sunday services September through mid-June as choir does not sing during the summer. Choir director is responsible for scheduling special music during summer Sundays.
- Rehearse a Bell Choir approximately twice a month for occasional performances during the 10 AM worship service.
- Encourage children/youth in church to participate in a music program.
- Conduct one to two major choral works per year.
- Condition of employment is contingent on passing a background check.
- Music degree preferred.
- Experience directing a choir
- Bell choir experience or ability to direct a bell choir
We are an inclusive, caring community-committed to Christ’s work, seeking spiritual growth, and lovingly responding to the needs of God’s world. We welcome all persons, including members of the LGBTQ+ community.