The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the church office and specifically the tasks listed in this job description. This position is part-time, year-round and reports to the Staff Parish Relations Committee. Day to day supervision and direction of work priority is provided by the Pastor.
- Responding to phone, email and other direct communications to the church
- Maintaining the overall Church Calendar for congregation activities and outside user groups
- Preparation of materials used in Sunday Worship
- Preparation of Weekly and Monthly News postings
- Updating content for church website as directed
- Providing general office management
- Act as a liaison and provides support to Business Manager and outside User Groups
- Other special projects and duties as assigned by the Pastor or Staff Parish Relations
- Able to professionally communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills, time management/work prioritization, independent worker (self-directed), and ability to meet deadlines
- Basic publishing experience and ability to manage internet content (website, Facebook, etc.) preferred.
- 2-3 years of administrative experience required.
- Ability to use discretion when providing information to a diverse customer base. Maintain a high level of confidentiality around sensitive interactions.
- Must pass a required background check and will be required to complete training on Safe Sanctuaries within 2 weeks of start date.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to SPR@TibbettsUMChurch.org.