Willapa United Methodist Church located in Raymond, WA is seeking someone with a heart to teach children the gospel to manage its Sunday School program. Currently, there are approximately twenty children attending, two Sunday School teachers, with all children taught together in one classroom. The church has a Preschool Room and a Youth Room, with a large Fellowship Hall for activities.
The position will be approximately 5 hours a week and pays $20/hr, to a maximum of $3,600 annually. This position will work with the two current Sunday School teachers. If you are interested, please send a letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the tasks listed below to:
Willapa United Methodist Church
ATTN: Janet Corey
969 Willapa First Street
Raymond, WA 98577
If you have any questions please call the church at (360) 942- 5717.
Sunday School Superintendent Job Description
The Superintendent will manage the Sunday School Program, assist with teaching and help with summer Vacation Bible School.
- Working with other members of the Sunday School Program:
- Determine the best class structure
- Create a program relevant to today’s youth
- Organize the Sunday School hour, i.e. snack, crafts, lesson, games, etc.
- Choose curriculum
- Utilize appropriate techniques to keep children’s interest and attention
- A heart to teach children the gospel
- Great rapport with children
- Strong Christian values
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Experience teaching children and in utilizing techniques that keep their interest and attention.