Peace with Justice Sunday
Grant and Award Applications now being accepted for 2018. Scroll down for forms, links, and more information!
Peace with Justice Sunday is an opportunity to celebrate and recognize the efforts made by United Methodists to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, welcome the stranger, and love their neighbor. What we say matters, and sharing the gospel with our voices helps us share the witness of our faith. Yet words alone cannot build a peaceable kingdom. Christ said ‘feed the hungry,’ not ‘talk to the hungry about food!’
Peace with Justice is about doing the things we talk about. To live our faith through acts of mercy, kindness, and mission, globally and here at home, we ask United Methodists round the world to help. Your financial contribution helps us meet the need for justice. Your gift helps us purchase the tools and equip people for ministry. Your help means we can train up leaders to uplift our world.
Peace with Justice Sunday is May 27th, 2018. Learn about the impact you can have (LINK) by lending your effort and making a gift to this important effort.
To learn more about Peace with Justice efforts locally, contact the Peace with Justice Coordinator for our Conference.
Peace With Justice Grants, 2018
Peace with Justice Grants are awarded every year to groups who are doing the work of peace and justice both locally and globally. There are two types of grants available this year.
- General Peace With Justice Grant: Funds may be awarded to other groups and organizations for furthering the work they do for the cause of peace and justice in local communities and the world. Eligible applicants include, but are not limited to:
- Faith-related or faith-founded non-profit agencies
- United Methodist individuals, congregations, and communities
- Non-faith-based agencies working for social justice that have connections or partnerships with United Methodist individuals, congregations, and communities
- Emergency Peace With Justice Grant: We recognize that raising funds for an emergency social justice need or response is very different than institutional planning and fundraising. As such, we are offering smaller, quicker, ’emergency’ Peace with Justice Grant (up to $250.00) available year round as funds allow. Possibilities for the use of this grant might be for an organizing dinner in response to a justice need in the community, or for materials for a rally, or for transportation needs to transport people to a hearing. These funds can be made available within a week. Submit the Peace with Justice Emergency Grant (pdf).
Peace With Justice Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Award.
- Nominations now being accepted (through April 30th) for the Peace With Justice Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Award. Nominate an exceptional individual or group for this Award. The winning Nominee will receive recognition at Annual Conference and a $1000 grant for their organization in appreciation for and in support of their good ongoing work. Use the 2018 Peace with Justice MLK Award Nomination (pdf) as a template for your nomination.