We See a New Church is not just a slogan. Through your generous support, the Ministry Fund Drive has made significant efforts throughout the Conference. Proceeds have been used to launch the Bishop Jack and Marjorie Tuell Center for Leadership Excellence and to initiate and learn from new faith communities, all to nurture a “new church” for the future. Additionally, through a tithe of undesignated giving to the drive, churches across the Pacific Northwest Conference are amplifying their support of the denomination’s Imagine No Malaria campaign.
Watch the Ministry Fund Drive Video!
We See a New Church
The “new church” is envisioned as one that:
- Extends beyond our buildings to transform our communities
- Engages people who question and doubt
- Welcomes all people to live their faith in Christ
- Connects the Gospel message to the needs of today
- Nurtures risk-taking and resiliency in ministry
We are thankful for the successes we’ve seen thus far through the campaign. And yet, we have more work to do as we enter into the final phase: The Homestretch.
The Homestretch needs your enthusiastic support in these coming months. Your efforts will strengthen your local church and our conference! Our Homestretch goals are:
- 1,000 United Methodists to give $100
- 100 United Methodists to give $1,000
- 10 United Methodists to give $10,000 or more
Please consider that it is connectional giving – all of us giving together – that allows Pacific Northwest United Methodists to do together what we cannot do alone. CLICK HERE to download Homestretch materials, such as a pledge/donation card and poster, or to watch short related informational videos, and also read related articles.
The financial goals of the Ministry Fund Drive remain the same today as when we launched the campaign in 2012: to raise $3.5 million, of which:
65% will fund The Bishop Jack and Marjorie Tuell Center for Leadership Excellence
The Bishop Jack and Marjorie Tuell Center for Leadership Excellence is a powerful new resource for change that offers a continuum of support, training, coaching and consulting. Once fully funded, the Tuell Center will function as the driving force in implementing the vision of a vibrant United Methodist community in the Northwest.
25% will fund New Faith Communities
New Faith Communities bring new life to the Pacific Northwest Conference. With financial support, New Faith Communities can thrive, simultaneously extending our services to new neighborhoods and informing existing churches of opportunities to strengthen their own.
10% will support our sisters and brothers in Africa through the Imagine No Malaria Campaign.
The Imagine No Malaria Campaign is a global United Methodist effort, in partnership with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is working to reduce and ultimately eradicate deaths from malaria. By collectively contributing to this effort, we are emphasizing visionary leadership that sees beyond our own communities to reach out and address the needs of our global family.
Moving forward, this final phase of the campaign – the Homestretch – needs your help. Here is how YOU can help:
- Make sure you have made a contribution or pledge. CLICK HERE to learn more about ways in which to make a contribution or pledge of any size.
- If you’ve already made a pledge to the campaign, please call the Conference office to make financial arrangements for payment.
- Be bold. Ask church members to match or beat your gift/pledge.
- Consider hosting a special Sunday dedicated to the Ministry Fund Drive’s Homestretch campaign.
(Support materials are available to download, or you can contact the Conference office about how to obtain them.)
CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Ministry Fund Drive Overview (PDF, 1.1MB)
CLICK HERE to download Homestretch materials, such as a pledge/donation card and poster, or to watch short related informational videos, and also read related articles.