Tibbetts United Methodist Church is seeking to temporarily fill the position of Youth Director during the months of May 2015 thru September 2015. The incumbent Youth Director will be on a pre-arranged leave of absence from June 5 thru September 30.
The individual selected for this position will have an opportunity in May to work with the incumbent for part of the month. During the month of May 2015 and September 2015, the individual may work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week. During June, July and August, the position is anticipated to work up to a maximum of 10 hours per week. There is one exception to this schedule for a mission trip that has been arranged for July 12 – 17, 2015.
The Temporary Youth Director is expected to:
- Lead scheduled youth meetings in June 2015 thru September 2015, usually 2 per month for June, July and August, and 2 meetings per week in September
- Plan fun and interactive meetings, including local outings
- Plan spiritual growth sessions
- Meet with the pastor for consultation on planning youth meetings. These meetings will be scheduled periodically and will occur at least bi-weekly
- Lead scheduled Youth Mission trip in conjunction with LAST (Learning and Serving Together) during July 12 – 17
- Follow the Tibbetts United Methodist Church Safe Church Guidelines
To apply, please submit a resumes and cover to Staff Parish Relations at the address noted above. A background check will be required for the selected candidate. Further questions about the position can be directed to the pastor, Dr. Joanne Carlson Brown, 206-932-7777, or email Pastor@tibbettsumchurch.org.