Bellevue First United Methodist Church (www.fumcbellevue.org) seeks a new part time Associate Pastor for Youth and Families. The purpose of this role is to provide pastoral teaching, care, and love to the youth and young families of Bellevue First UMC and to youth and young families of the local community who are seeking ways to grow in faith.
Seabold United Methodist Church is looking for an Office Administrator to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures for our church. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
Edmonds United Methodist Church (EUMC) seeks a high energy, spiritually mature Christian with a strong sense of calling to ministry to serve in a senior staff capacity as Church Administrator. The Church Administrator is responsible for directing, managing, and overseeing the operations functions of EUMC. The ideal candidate will be able to empower others, be an effective and proven delegator, and have a passion for working with staff, members of the congregation, and the general public. This individual will be open minded, approachable, flexible and adaptable, a creative thinker and problem solver, and share a desire to fulfill the vision of EUMC. This position supervises the Office Coordinator and the Building Manager and reports to the Lead Pastor.
POSITION PURPOSE: The primary function of the Church Administrator is to manage and oversee church operations to ensure the various ministries of EUMC function smoothly and efficiently to meet the needs of the congregation and the larger community.
Operations and Leadership
- Supervise and manage the work of the Office Coordinator and Building Manager;
- Oversee and manage the insurance needs of the church and collaborate with Trustees to ensure EUMC is adequately insured. Respond to all insurance claims as they arise;
- Oversee the security of the church, the Children’s Center, and the Food Ban;.
- Oversee and manage building, equipment, and IT issues providing on-site support and serving as the point person for the management of building, equipment, and IT vendor appointments;
- Oversee and manage the use of church vehicles and oversee driver scheduling.
- Provide oversight and supervision of capital improvements, purchases, and budget maintenance;
- Serve as a contributing member of the Board of Trustees and the Church Council.
- Provide oversight and management of the human resources functions;
- Process the annual renewal of health, dental, and vision insurance;
- Process changes in benefits for health care and pension for administrative, Food Bank, and Children’s Center staff;
- Work with Staff-Parish Relations on hiring committees;
- On-board all new employees. Conduct new employee orientation;
- In collaboration with the Finance Director create the annual budget for staff salaries and benefits based on hiring agreements.
- Oversee the development, operation, and maintenance of the membership management database using the Servant Keeper software;
- Support and assist the stewardship campaign for planning of operations as needed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in finance and administration;
- Four of more years of experience in finance, administration, and operations.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills; finance and budgeting skills; planning and organization skills;
- Familiarity and/or willingness to become familiar, and support, the United Methodist Church tradition and theology.
- Working knowledge of the church management software Servant Keeper, calendar programs, MS Office;
- Direct experience in a leadership/management role in a church or non-profit.
APPLICATION STEPS: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com or mail to Edmonds United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers Street, Edmonds, WA 98020 by March 16th for priority consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
SALARY: $27,706/year plus pension and pro-rated vacation and sick leave accrual.
Does a commitment to “transforming the world” intrigue you to learn more? How about a mobile of 1500 peace cranes, a new community garden, pickle ball and tai chi classes, and an emerging School for Life?
We are looking for the right person to serve as the Office and Communications Manager to help coordinate and drive this vision. 30 hrs/wk. Paid time off for vacation and sick leave. 9 paid holidays per year. Compensation dependent on experience.
For a full job description please click here.
Interested applicants can send resume/cover letter by to the church at:
The District Service Center (located in Des Moines, WA) serves 240+ United Methodist congregations in the Washington and Northern Idaho area with 3.0 FTE. The Director of Administrative Services and District Superintendents are seeking a highly organized and self motivated Administrator for duties including:
- E-mail, web and social media communications with churches and individuals
- Data and contact list management
- Event and meeting planning
- Maintenance of mainly electronic and some paper files
- Reception and phone duties
- Record and distribute meeting minutes as requested
Apply by March 5th with cover letter and resume to: Bhenshaw@pnwumc.org
Resume should be in PDF format named: last name, first name, – resume – 2018date
Haller Lake United Methodist Church (www.hallerlakeumc.org) seeks new part time leadership for our music ministry. Bring your musical skills to join in the ministry team of our progressive north Seattle congregation.
Our ideal candidate would be skilled with both piano and organ, and also be able to coordinate and develop our small choir. Depending on the applicant pool, the keyboard accompaniment aspects may be divided out from the position.
Desired qualifications include:
- MA in music (preferred)
- Liturgical familiarity
- Experience directing ensembles/choirs
- Knowledge of a wide range of musical styles
- Commitment to diversity (race, gender, orientation, age, family type, economic, etc.) and justice for oppressed populations
Haller Lake United Methodist is host to the Haller Lake Music Series, a 30+ year series of chamber music ensembles and soloists. This position may involve engaging with the music series’ leadership, musicians, and concert patrons to network and strengthen our Sunday morning music offerings.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A brief description of HLUMC:
“We believe that living a life inspired by God’s love compels us to offer help, hope, and healing to those looking for more meaning in their lives. We believe God’s grace is available to all people, no matter where you’re from, what you look like, or who you love. We believe in welcoming others into our lives, but also in taking action outside the walls of the church to serve our neighbors, next door and around the world.”
Please see our website for additional information.
The Northwest United Methodist Foundation is looking for an energetic, outgoing, and entrepreneurial individual to help resource the community of United Methodists throughout Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. The position of Associate Director will develop long-lasting supportive relationships with local churches and individual donors in a gracious effort to connect the ministry and missional needs of the area with the generosity of those who worship therein.
Spanaway United Methodist Church in Spanaway, Washington is seeking applicants for a part-time Choir Director/Congregational Accompanist/Worship Music Leader position. After reviewing the information below, interested persons are invited to apply, and direct any questions, as advised below.
The North Mason United Methodist Church in Belfair, Washington is in need of an accompanist to play piano for our Sunday morning worship services (10:15am-11:30am) and for special services throughout the year (Maundy Thursday, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc). The qualified candidate will be able to sight read well, play hymns from the hymnals, instrumental pieces during prelude, offering, and postlude.
Pay is negotiable based on experience.
Edmonds United Methodist Church (EUMC) seeks an outstanding Custodian who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and is looking for an opportunity to expand experience and build skill sets. The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the building by performing routine janitorial duties necessary to keep the EUMC facility in a clean and orderly condition while maintaining building and occupant safety. This position reports to the Building Manager. This position provides and annual salary of $31,990 ($15.00/hour) working 30 hours per week (75% fte).
Please send your cover letter and resume along with contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com by October 21, 2017.
Position to begin immediately.
or job full description go to: http://edmondsumc.org/our-church/employment