The Loving Tree School, located within the United Church of Ferndale, is posting a position for a pre-school aide. Currently the position is part-time. The exact hours for this position will depend on enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year. The school will be opening for a fourth year in September of 2017. During its first three years, enrollment has almost doubled each year.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate about the growth and development of the children in our care. The Loving Tree School seeks candidates who will help us maintain and expand a fun interactive child-focused classroom that is clean and organized. The Loving Tree School is one component of the church’s outreach and mission program.
Work Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings from 8:15 am. – 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Required Skills and Experiences for applicants:
- Experience and/or desire to work in an early learning environment.
- Evidence of training or experiences working at preschool or other early learning environment.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- Evidence of STARS training or willingness to obtain START training.
- Willingness to serve as a substitute teacher when needed and the willingness to “step in” and assist as needed.
- A demonstrated love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or the willingness to obtain.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Be 18 years or older
- Include at least two references: one job related and one personal.
How to apply
1. Submit a letter of application to Mr. Kenn Robinson, c/o United Church of Ferndale, P.O. Box 186, 2034 Washington Street, Ferndale, WA 98248.
2. The letter of application should describe how the required skills and experiences listed above have been and/or will be fulfilled.
3. Application deadline is Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
4. Successful applicants will be notified and scheduled for interviews. Interviews are anticipated to conducted on August 29, 2017. School starts September 6, 2017.
5. Please submit any questions to Mr. Kenn Robinson at this email address: email@example.com