Plans, organizes and implements selected Sunday School curriculum for children ages 5-10. Provides young children a stable and safe learning environment to become familiar with the sacred stories of the Bible and to grow in their faith.
- Follow the curriculum chosen by Faith & Spiritual Growth Team.
- Plan for weekly lesson.
- Purchase materials if necessary. (Will be reimbursed)
- Arrive by 9:45 a.m. each Sunday morning to set up worship / classroom area; make copies of activities, etc.
- Sunday School begins after Time with the Children in Worship Service ~ 10:15 a.m. and lasts until 11:15 a.m. Teacher should remain with children at all times.
- Keep attendance roster.
- Before Wednesday each week, provide brief report to designated member of Faith & Spiritual Growth by email. Include number of children, lesson summary, behavior issues, concerns & questions.
- Record information on Registration Form for each child will be available to describe special circumstances, medical conditions, & allergies.
- Demonstrate Christian character and commitment in daily life and the ability to articulate a personal faith journey.
- An ability to relate well to young children.
- Enthusiastic attitude, strong moral character, positive interpersonal skills.
The Sunday School Teacher will be directly accountable to the Pastor, with oversight by the Staff Parish Relations Committee and a designated member from Faith & Spiritual Growth.
Hiring & Compensation
On recommendation and approval of the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
The candidate shall complete all reference and background checks as required.
This position is a part-time position at 3.5 hours per week at $15 an hour.
Minimum 1 1/2 hours on Sundays required.